Jump to Navigation
How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


LA County Bankruptcy Documents You Will Need

At the Law Offices Of Hagen & Hagen, we assist individuals in Southern California to file for bankruptcy. Here is the list of documents we request that clients provide when they are ready to file:

General documents

1. Copy of valid driver's license(s) or other form of picture identification, including state identification card.

2. Copy of your Social Security card(s).

Income and expenses

3. Federal and state tax returns for this year (if available) and for the past three years, including all attached W-2s, 1099s and supporting schedules. If this year's tax returns are not yet completed, please provide copies of all W-2s, 1099s, final pay stubs, etc. Include all pages and accompanying statements of the tax returns, not just the first few pages. If you are producing copies, make certain you copy both sides of all pages containing information.

4. Pay stubs for the past 60 days and as much of the past seven months as possible.

5. If you operate your own business, whether sole proprietorship or corporation, please provide a profit and loss statement for:

a. The past six months ending on the last day of last month

b. Year to date

Draft of budget

6. Prepare a rough draft of the following monthly budget:

Personal revenue:

  • Compensation from employment — husband
  • Compensation from employment — wife

Rental property:

Income from tenant


  • Mortgage payments
  • Property taxes paid directly, not via impound
  • Property insurance
  • Homeowners fees/dues
  • Maintenance

Other income:


  • Mortgage/rent
  • Homeowners association fees/dues
  • Utilities
    • Electricity
    • Gas
    • Water
    • Telephone
    • Cable
    • Trash removal
    • Alarm
    • Pest control
    • Landscaping/gardening
    • Pool cleaning/maintenance
    • Other home maintenance/repairs
  • Groceries/food
  • Clothing
  • Laundry/dry cleaning
  • Recreation/newspapers/magazines
  • Insurance
    • Life paid directly, not via payroll
    • Health paid directly, not via payroll
    • Disability paid directly, not via payroll
    • Auto
    • Property


  • Automobile expenses (gas/parking/renewals/repairs)
  • Medical out of pocket (not health insurance)
  • Monthly portion of quarterly tax estimates
  • Auto installment payment — vehicle 1
  • Auto installment payment — vehicle 2
  • Auto installment payment — vehicle 3
  • Spousal and/or child support payments
  • School tuition
  • Child day care
  • Housekeeping services
  • Pet food and care
  • Storage
  • Gym membership
  • Other ...

Business revenues (if applicable):

  • Sales
  • Rental revenues
  • Other revenues (if any, describe)

Business expenses (if applicable):

  • Rent
  • Payroll
  • Payroll taxes
    • Federal
    • State
  • Utilities
    • Electricity
    • Water
    • Telephone
    • Cable
    • Trash removal
    • Licenses/business taxes/permits
    • Advertising
    • Supplies
    • Other ...


7. Copy of most recent month's mortgage statement from any and all mortgage lenders.

8. Copy of most recent month's statement from auto lenders or lessors. If you have a coupon book and don't receive monthly statements, please go online and print a status report of your account.

9. Copy of most recent real estate property tax bill.

10. Copy of most recent month's statement from timeshare companies.

11. Copy of most recent month's statement from mobile home lender.

12. Copies of the most recent month's bank statement for all bank accounts that have been open in the past 12 months, whether open or closed today.

13. Copies of most recent month's statement from retirement plan administrators, including IRAs, 401(k)s and pension plans.

14. Copies of binders or declaration pages reflecting current insurance coverages, including life, health, dental, automobile, property and professional liability insurance.

15. Copies of the face pages from any and all lawsuit complaints initiated by you against others that remain pending today or have been pending at any time within the past 12 months.


16. Copy of most recent month's statement from creditors, including credit card statements, student loan statements, medical bills, delinquent tax notices from the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board or State Board of Equalization. Include most recent correspondence from collection agencies and attorneys. Do NOT include utility bills unless you want to include them as creditors in your case. If you are still receiving services from such utility companies, it is generally wise to NOT include them as creditors in your case.

17. Copies of the face pages from any and all lawsuit complaints initiated by others against you within the past 12 months, whether pending today or reduced to judgment, dismissed, settled, on appeal or otherwise.


18. Copies of all escrow closing statements from the sale of real property in the past four years.

19. Copies of all escrow closing statements from the refinancing of any real estate loans in the past four years, even if the property was subsequently sold.

20. Copies of all marital dissolution judgments, child or spousal support orders, and marital property division agreements to which you have been a party in the past four years.

21. List all creditors who received payments totaling over $600 in the past 90 days. Include payments to mortgage lenders, vehicle lenders or lessors, utility companies, schools, etc. The list should appear as the examples below indicate:

Payee                                                              Check Date                                         Amount Paid

ABC Mortgage Co.                                                   xx/xx/xx                                                $2,000.00

Address_________                                                 xx/xx/xx                                                $2,000.00

_______________                                                   xx/xx/xx                                                $2,000.00

XYZ Auto Finance                                                   xx/xx/xx                                                 $350.00

Address_________                                                 xx/xx/xx                                                 $350.00

_______________                                                   xx/xx/xx                                                 $350.00


Learn more about LA County bankruptcy documents you will need. Contact the Law Offices Of Hagen & Hagen at 818-305-6452 or contact our lawyer online.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.